Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Unsuccessful??

So, my first attempt at making a grocery run this week didn't go so well.

As soon as I stepped into Kroger, my stomach decided it hated me and that it wanted me to suffer. I ran to the bathroom and thought I would be fine afterwards. I made it through the produce department when I realized I needed to leave, soon. So I quickly grabbed some milk... WHICH IS ONE CLEARANCE FOR $1.99 :):) And made my way out of the store.

So, I have spent $31.xx already this week on groceries. It's all fresh produce... so no coupons. I don't want to bore you with pictures of peaches and parsley.

I don't feel one bit guilty about spending that much on produce. I often wonder where all the fruits and veggies are when people post about their grocery trips.

I have an 18 month old who is a picky eater. He likes fresh fruit and veggies, but one week he'll act like peaches as the best fruit ever, then the next week look at you as though you're crazy when you give them to him for breakfast. So, I like a nice variety produce to make him happy.

Today I bought:
-Strawberries
-Cantelope
-3 peaces
-Bag of potatoes
-Onion
-Bag of carrots
-Bunch of parsely
-Celery
-Clearance multigrain roll thingy - $0.69
-Clearance gallon of whole milk - $1.99
-1/2 gallon of skim milk
-2 Kroger big block cheeses - $3.69 a piece
-Land O Lakes - FORGOT ABOUT THIS... I actually had a coupon for it but was in such a hurry to get out that I didn't use it. Oh well, would have only saved me $0.55

Is that it? I feel like I got more produce than that. I can't remember though.

No comments: