Monday, September 8, 2008

Deliciously Frugal



I've noticed that quite a few frugal bloggers write about pizza. Pizza is something I've been trying for a couple of months now. Each week or so, I vary it slightly... and tonight I hit the jackpot.

(1) Betty Crocker Pizza Dough Mix (not the tube of frozen stuff) - $0.90
(1/3) of a Jar of Meijer brand pizza sauce - $0.30
(1) Block of Kraft Mozzarella - $2.66 (what I should have paid - see my Meijer post)
Dash of garlic salt (optional)
Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)

About $3.86

What I did today that made ALL the difference:
-Shredded cheese from the block. Sooooooo good! The cheese was extra melty and bubbly and brown
-Added red pepper flakes to the top of the pizza before baking
-Sprinkled garlic salt on the crust and on top of the cheese AFTER baking (don't go overboard, only the SMALLEST amount is necessary)

Best pizza I've made so far. I would have added toppings had I had more time to cut up some veggies. Alex devoured it.

And to think, Walmart's commercial advertises that you can save money by buying their $8.00 frozen pizza!

No comments: