Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Grocery Budget

So, in an attempt to reduce the amount I spend on groceries a week, I must figure out how much I spend in the first place!

So far...

Walgreens:
-3 Jars of Skippy= $3.80
-6 Dove Shampoo/Conditioner= $3.00
-1 Preparation H= -$0.51 (gave me overage, but not the -$1.01 I was expecting)

Total $6.29 Received $1.50 RR

Meijer (highlights of my trip):
-2 Lawry's Marinades= $0.67 a piece
-Free Milk (bought 3 boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats at $2.00 a piece and got free milk - contemplated awhile over this deal because $2.00 a box is more than I'd like to spend. But they were the giant boxes, we do love Honey Bunches of Oats and were out which meant I would be buying some soon regardless)
-Free Deli Meat (bought 2 Kraft deli sliced cheeses at $2.75 a piece and got free deli meat - contemplated this awhile as well but my husband does like sliced cheese A LOT, and it's cheaper than buying Kroger or Meijer brand sliced cheese, plus I planned on buying deli meat regardless)

Total $62.86 - I'd like to go back and get more marinades because we use them quite a bit. But, Meijer only doubles 2 of the same coupon per transaction and I'm not yet comfortable with the multiple transactions per visit.

Kroger (highlights of my trip):
-Free Oreos - Used a Kroger Catalina (Oreos are my FAVE and I had given them up because they are never priced low enough for me)
-Whole Seedless Watermelon= $3.88
-4 Kroger Brand Tortilla Chips =$1.00 a piece (my husband loves making nachos)

I opted not to do the Juicy Juice (Nestle) deal and now I'm glad I didn't. We don't need more juice even if it is priced right. (Buy 20$ worth, get $5 off instantly - Buy 8 bottles, use 8 $1.00/1 coupons, get all 8 for $7.00)

Total $21.35

GRAND TOTAL $90.50

Not bad. This is about average for me right now. A few months ago I would have been spending around $115-$120. As I continue to build my stockpile I anticipate it to go down further. I would also like to purchase an additional freezer.

I will add pictures to my posts when our new camera arrives.

No comments: