Thursday, November 13, 2008

How I will be saving money during the Holidays

This post will be a work in progress as I think of, and come up with new ways to save money.

1) I will not be purchasing any new decorations. I have enough already. I did "buy" a cute glittery star to hang on the outside of the house, but I used my Pier 1 gift card, so it was free!

2) We do not have any electrical plugs on the outside of our house! We just discovered this and I think it's kind of strange. At any rate, we won't be using extra electricity to light the outside of our house.

3) A generous woman from the internet mailed me the stash of Christmas cards she received last year and I will be using those, along with the ones I received, to make Christmas gift tags.

4) Gift cards. Over the course of the year I receive lots of gift cards. Although I know the givers intend for the cards to be used to purchase something nice for myself, I often use the cards to buy nice things for others. I don't feel bad about it at all. In fact, many times there is enough money on the gift card for me to buy myself something as well. And it brings me joy to give to others and know that I'm not stressing myself out at the thought of spending too much money.

No comments: